Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2008

via nova

With the shift to the new office facility complete on 11-Feb-2008, I am now using a new timing (0730hrs - 1630hrs) every day at office. This is coupled with 90 minutes of travel to and fro under ideal conditions insofar. The total distance is 21.5 km which is 43 km to and fro no matter what short-cuts you can try.The way to office is a little better in terms of road condition and traffic [the time being earlier in the day]. There are pick-ups and drops for two timing shifts 0730-1630 and 0800-1700 in use presently. These are mostly Chevrolet Taveras which are quite roomy and comfortable.

Doing this journey by myself (thanks to my Chauffer) has required me to be much more disciplined in my sleep and wake-up. I no longer have the luxury of error in the morning owing to the traffic that swarms the new via everyday. There is an elevated highway in construction on the new route. However that seems to be taking quite long and probably until 2009 or sometime into 2009 to near completion. Further the elevated highway is being created as a 2-laner which may result in traffic problems in the future when it is commissioned for use.

Facilities at the new office are nice. People still find the shift from 0930-1030 to 0730-0800 difficult to adjust. This is probably the first week of the human body's rebellion to change. I have been lucky to start office with breakfast and my favorite coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment. As long as you leave your ideas or opinions, please feel free.