Pages

Monday 24 March 2008

Making things work!

At work, of late, things have taken a rather different turn for the better. The working hours are quite strict, with the only (and my most preferred) form of entertainment being Table Tennis at the gymnasium. I have found that just a single game preceded by a short warm-up can have your mind savvy to take on problems with much more ease. Adding more to it, if you do tend to move a lot while playing Table Tennis (which I do a lot), it also works as a very positively fulfilling exercise for both the body and the mind.

The resultant is the ability to quickly think of solutions to problems, create results when they are required without bleeding across the working hours. Our new working hours depend on the new location, availability of service staff and facilities. Ultimately you start learning to do more with less time and less stress to body and mind. Of course, there were times when I felt I was taken up to spending a lot more time at the gym rather than at my terminal. Finally one can always create a balance to enhance both work and play. Both of them become equally rewarding to the self.

This also leads me to believe that games are the best way for the human mind and body to exercise together in tandem helping one's health by both relaxing and pushing physical fitness. There's the fun too. Perhaps many corporate companies are missing out on an effective tool that can help employees enhance productivity. The other self-imposed exercise activities including cycling and walking or running the treadmill do not have the element of excitement that a game gives, and serve purely a physical fitness purpose. There are those who need that too, but I find far less people frequenting them.

As I've tried and planned out all my weekends and sometimes weeks to involve a greater amount of social interaction than I previously had, this week seems to be bringing in the results I've been looking for. While I do not specifically go on creating new year resolutions; I like bringing into myself change that suits me and helps me become better in every perspective. It's been a long time since we had a team outing with Dinner and a Movie at least, and we hope to be doing that this week just ahead of a hopeful outing (where it's presently raining cats and dogs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment. As long as you leave your ideas or opinions, please feel free.